June 14, 2011

Pretty Little Candy Bars

Mmm... chocolate...

A good start to every day, wouldn't you think?  ; )

Well, I won't be posting a recipe today, but I do have something else that involves food... kinda.  I'm doing a candy bar in a couple of weeks with a pink/gold color scheme, so I've been going to town finding colorful candy and delightful ways to decorate it.  I believe I made my favorite yet!

What you will need:
  1. Mini candy bars that are already wrapped in your color scheme,
  2. Thin cardstock, or regular paper (thick cardstock will not work),
  3. Rotary cutter, paper slicer, or scissors,
  4. double-sided tape
Here are the candy bars before I did anything with them.  Truly, they looked so cute just piled on this mini cake pedestal, but I had it in my head that they needed to go inside this long, white dish (and I have other plans for the pedestal that day.)


First, cut your paper into strips (approximately 1 1/4" by 3 1/4 " - and yes, this time, I measured - it will be obvious if you don't.)

Then, wrap your paper around the candy bar, placing a piece of double-sided tape to hold it in place.  Repeat.

And that's it!!  I made approximately 25, and I was finished in less than 15 minutes.  So do the math for the quantity you need, and plan your work time accordingly. 

Tell me these aren't adorable... my husband and I agreed that they look like chocolate dominoes.  Perhaps we'll make some just for ourselves.  : )

~ Sarah

No comments: