June 8, 2011

Pretty Little Cake Pedestal

Hey, lovelies!

I'm sorry I haven't been around much this past week... a party planner's work is never done this time of year!  :)

On that note, I thought I'd share one of my favorite entertainment pieces -- a cake pedestal given to me by a good friend.  I believe she found this at T J Maxx, but I've seen similar pieces at the Christmas Tree Shops.  It's a dainty little cake pedestal with holes along the ridge for - that's right - a ribbon! 

It came with a spring-green ribbon with brown polka-dots.  Absolutely adorable as it was, I still couldn't help sprucing it up a bit for every event.

In this case, I wound a pretty pink ribbon through the holes, then stuck on random jewels and paper flowers using a dab of elmer's glue.  So very easy, and so very pretty!





This particular design was for a girls' tea party, but right now, it's patiently waiting for another tea party with a shabby chic theme.  I wound some dainty ivory lace through the holes, and spotted it with pink stick-on pearl button dots. I'll try to remember to take a picture of it to post.  ;)

Let them eat cake!!  <3

~ Sarah

No comments: