- The sound of a light drizzle on top of a tent;
- The sent of fresh basil;
- A cantaloupe so fresh and juicy that a knife glides right through it;
- walking over a thick, soft rug in my bare feet;
- a bright and sunny afternoon just chilly enough for a sweater;
- the smell of something delicious and sweet in the oven;
- using a soft towel that is still warm from the dryer;
- the deep purr of a contented kitty;
- the crackle of a fire;
- dashing excitedly through my house, last-minute tidying because someone I love is on their way for a visit;
- receiving packages I forgot I ordered;
- apple cinnamon (and anything else cinnamon);
- the first day all the windows are open in the Spring;
- laying under cozy covers during a snowstorm;
- driving with the music up and the windows down;
- dozing off on a blanket in the sun;
- a yard full of lilacs;
- the moment when the laundry is finished;
- a surprise date;
- finishing my to-do list earlier than I expected to and having some free time to myself;
- a whistling tea kettle.
A Few of My Favorite Things...
What are some of your favorite things? Personally, I like a lot, mostly because I make an effort to enjoy life. Here are a few of them:
Any of these your favorites, too??