July 5, 2012

Red, White & Blue Jello Salad

Hey there!  I hope everyone had a lovely 4th!  

This is something of a cheating post.  The recipe isn't original (*hangs head in shame*) but it's really great.  If you want to use it yourself, here is where I found it.

The only difference between this recipe and mine was that I substituted strawberry for the raspberry because I already had fresh ones cut.

The only note I would add to this recipe, which specifies that it's 'quick', is that it's not actually all that quick.  The individual jello layers are, granted, VERY fast and easy, but waiting for the layers to harden took a long time.  Each one needed closer to 2 hours than 1.  I think the next time I make it I'll use little ice cream bowls instead of a one large bowl, which should cut down the time significantly.

And it is absolutely delicious!

What desserts did you make for the 4th?

~ Sarah

No comments: