- ... which really is true everywhere, isn't it?
- ... when you come out of hibernation and see family members and friends, and enjoy your time outside. Kindof like a 'grand opening'.
- ... because by then, everyone's back in school and the weather is starting to turn colder. Labor Day is kindof a final "hurrah" for summer
- ... and our autumns are extremely short. We have a week (maybe 10 days) of absolutely magnificent color, but all it takes is a mighty wind to strip every tree (and mighty winds are common in PA.)
- ... and truly does last approximately half the year. (It has been said that PA has different seasons: 1 - Almost Winter, 2 - Winter, 3 - Still Winter, 4 - Construction.)
- ... because our winters here are so long that people begin looking for Spring far before it's scheduled to appear, especially since it's usually several weeks to a month between the 'official' Spring date and the warm weather.
- ... to keep myself a little more content. I don't start looking for Spring until Easter has come and gone. Does it work? I have no idea.
This is the (un)official Look with Your Hands calendar, which will frequently be referenced in LwYH posts. :)