January 4, 2012

Cajun Pasta

Happy Wednesday!  Is everyone's schedule back to normal?  It feels like Christmas was months ago already, doesn't it?  Maybe it's just me.

I haven't shared a recipe in a really long time, so I thought I'd share this one.  If you're looking for something tasty and easy, with a touch of kick, this is for you - Cajun Pasta!  I made it up last night, and I'm exceptionally proud of it.  As always, I didn't measure anything, so I'll guess the amounts I used to make enough for 3-4 people.

What you will need:
  1. Chicken breasts (2)
  2. Cajun seasoning
  3. 1/2 teaspoon Basil
  4. 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or fresh garlic)
  5. Oil (I used olive)
  6. 1/2 box of pasta (I used whole wheat penne)
  7. handful of sun-dried tomatoes
  8. handful of diced onions
  9. 1 pint heavy cream
  10. cheese to taste (Anything that will grate or shred; we used sharp provalone)
Method:

Cook your pasta separately (if you're using whole wheat, it will probably take a tad longer than regular pasta.)  In a large saucepan, combine your oil, garlic, basil, and some of your Cajun seasoning to taste; mix. 

Add the chicken.  (*note - we cut the chicken into smaller pieces as it cooked, and continually sprinkled additional Cajun seasoning on as we turned it.)  When your chicken is nearly finished, add your chopped onions and sun-dried tomatoes.

Add the cheese and heavy cream; stir. 


Cover and simmer for approximately 5 minutes.  Add pasta and stir.


Jayson gave this recipe a 9.5 out of 10 (I probably would've earned that extra half-point if it wasn't quite so spicy -- he has a sensitive tongue.)  Nevertheless, it's going to be added to our regular pasta rotation!

~ Sarah
PS -- Did you note the name of my seasoning??  It reminds me of this clip by the comedian Tim Hawkins. 

No comments: