June 2, 2011

Chicken Breasts in Herb Sauce

4-day weeks never seem shorter, do they?  My husband's job allows him every-other-Friday off, and it just so happens that this week was his 'off day' in addition to the holiday, so he only had a 3-day work week.  But that didn't seem to be enough... he had some projects he wanted to finish (not to diminish that in any way -- he plans to pour concrete in our basement), as well as a dentist appointment, and decided it would be prudent to take today off, as well.  So today is his Saturday (and tomorrow, and the next day...)

He practically sang, "Have a great day, sweetie," as I was leaving for work.  Grr.

Anyways, thought I'd quickly share a recipe with you, since blogging has suddenly become my happy place.  My husband's family 'published' a cookbook several years back, and everyone was asked to contribute.  I love going through it because the recipes are so very eclectic.  That's where I found this one.  Warning - NOT diet friendly.  Not even health friendly.  But extremely delish!!  (And this is one of those rare recipes where I actually use the measurements, to an extent.)

What you will need:
  1. 4 chicken breasts
  2. Onion to taste
  3. Sun-Dried tomatoes
  4. 1 stick of butter or margarine
  5. 1 teaspoon each of:
    • Dry yellow mustard
    • garlic powder
    • celery seed
    • oregano
    • salt
    • paprika
  6. 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
  7. 3 tablespoons of Parmesan Cheese
In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. 


Add your spices to the butter.
Yes, the sliding measurer is Pampered Chef.


Lay the chicken breasts in a baking pan (I used one slightly smaller than 9 x 13).  Spread your onions and tomatoes evenly around the chicken, then pour the sauce overtop. 



Bake at 375 for one hour. 

Absolutely amazing flavor, that.  Well, of course... it's drenched in butter.  {My favorite part of this recipe is that it's published in the family cookbook immediately next to the diet lasagna.  lol}

Enjoy!!

~ Sarah

1 comment:

Katie said...

That sounds awesome... I am so going to try this :)