July 6, 2011

Orange Creamsicle Fruit Dip

Hey, everyone!  Happy 4th, no,  5th, wait, 6th of July!  It was a fast weekend, although it seems I'm still stuck in it.

I really ought to coordinate these posts better... for instance, had I posted this last week, you could've made it for last weekend, like I did.  We'll get there.  But perhaps you have a family reunion coming up, or are just planning an evening on the porch with some fresh fruit, and this will become your best friend. 

What you will need:
  1. Cool whip
  2. Orange cream yogurt (Yoplait is my favorite, but to each their own.)
  3. Food coloring (optional)
  4. Fruit for dipping (also optional... there are those who prefer to eat this with a spoon)
Mix the cool whip and the yogurt together.  I always add food coloring to make it more... peachy.

Remember, if you're adding food coloring,
use three or more parts yellow to one part red

 

 

Serve.

It's one of my favorite recipes.  I do love something complicated, but I'm not above enjoying something simple, if delicious, and this totally is.  :)

Additional Suggestions:
  • If you're not into creamsicle (I've heard there are people like that out there) then try one of the other flavored yogurts: blueberry, strawberry, etc.  {Thanks to Amy and Elizabeth for this suggestion.}
  • If you're looking for something with more ingredients, try adding cream cheese, powdered sugar, concentrated orange juice, and vanilla (these are the ingredients in another fruit dip recipe I have, but I rarely use it and don't know the measurements.)
  • As for the fruit, I always put the normal stuff: cantaloupe, strawberry, grapes (red and green) and pineapple.  I also add blackberries because they're visually appealing, and no one ever thinks of them, poor things.
~ Sarah

No comments: