July 7, 2011

Pretty Little Tote

Good morning!

Before I even begin this blog, you need to know that this is not an original idea.  I saw it on one of my favorite blogs, Such Pretty Things, and it inspired me.  You can find the original idea link here.  However, in case you don't want to navigate away from this page, I will tell you a little bit about the original post.  Jessica, the amazing and talented SPT blogger, journeys to her local Target fairly frequently, almost always finding a delightful treasure, which she often makes even delightful-er.  That is where this idea came from.  She found a cute little tote at the bargain corner in Target, and hot glued some flowers to it.

I copied the inspiration.  I found the same tote, in the same store, for $2.50.  I wasn't planning to copy her idea, but I was there, the tote was right at eye-level, and for that price, I couldn't leave it behind.

So, without further ado, here is Jessica's idea on LwYH:

 


Aren't they just splendid?  I can't get over how well they turned out.  I had planned to give them as gifts, but it's going to take me a while to work myself up to parting with them.

What you will need:
  1. Tote
  2. Hot glue gun
  3. Silk Flowers, gems, buttons, beads, etc. (use your imagination!)

TOTE 1:

I used dainty little flowers and gems I had purchased as 'table decor' in the bridal section at Michael's.  I hot glued the flowers, then added the gems to the center.  Always a fan of ribbon, I added a little one to the bottom.


front
back
 TOTE 2:

I used leftover silk petals from a wedding I did recently.  I wasn't really sure what I had intended it to look like, but I was blown away by how lovely it turned out to be.  I think I had originally planned to put several of these unique flowers, but after one, I thought it looked finished (and it's probably my favorite of the two.)  :)


So, I hope you can become inspired by this, too, and make your own creative little bag.  And thanks, Jessica!  :)



~ Sarah

No comments: