July 11, 2011

Strawberry Lemonade

It's a new week!

Well, I had a good weekend.  I did some experimenting, some birthday partying, some sewing, a little sleeping, and zero laundry/cleaning.  But despite doing zero chores, I still considered it a successful weekend!  I helped at one event, booked another, and came out of my studio with two new dresses and a skirt!  :)

But that's not all I made!  I also came up with this lemonade on Friday night, and perfected it on Saturday... I had to share.  It's phenomenal, and very, very easy.

What you will need:
  1. Pink Lemonade mix (like Country Time)
  2. Sugar
  3. Fresh strawberries
  4. Fresh lemons
To start, mix your lemonade as directed, and be sure to leave a lot of room at the top.  Set aside.

Next, wash and slice your strawberries.  I used my deluxe egg slicer from Pampered Chef - it saved time. 



Put your strawberries into a microwave-safe bowl.  Add sugar to the strawberries and microwave for about 30 seconds.  (Best guess - I cut about half a pint of strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar for 2 quarts of lemonade.)  Once the strawberries and sugar have 'glazed' a little, mix them together.  (The first time I made this, I pureed the strawberries, but the second time, I only mixed them a little.  I liked the second way better, but my husband liked the strawberry pulp.  So you do what you prefer.)


Wash and slice the lemons.  (I cut 2-3 for 2 quarts).

Add your strawberries and lemons to your lemonade.

Serve.

It's delish!!  I made it for a birthday party, and we went through 8 quarts in 20 minutes.  : ) 

Certainly, fresh-squeezed lemonade is better, and I know of several better recipes, but if you're mixing for a party and want something quick but 'dressed up', it's a perfect solution.  It was my go-go juice while I was on the move all weekend.

Cheers!
~ Sarah  


Additional suggestion, if you will be serving a small group by the glass:
*  Before filling, rub a lemon slice along the top of each glass, then dip in sugar.  After filling, you can place a half-slice of lemon along the edge of each glass.  (So it isn't mistaken for a margarita.)

No comments: