September 1, 2011

Lone Star Quilt - Mulligan

Hey there!  It's September... cue the several-month marathon of feeling behind and overwhelmed. I made an appointment with one of my next year's brides for January the other day.  January!!  As we walked away from our meeting, we jokingly wished each other a Merry Christmas.  Oy vey!  Christmas!

Anyways.  Before I start making candy and baking cookies while listening to Sleigh Ride, we'll pause for a moment at my late-summer project.  :)

You may recall from earlier this week my lone star quilt fail, and my saying that I had to make the top twice.  It's not finished (not even close) but it certainly looks much more like a quilt than my first attempt.  Here are the pieces of the center put together:



I also made 'mini' stars for the corners of the quilt.


(Here is a picture of the different size pieces... the large is 3", the small, 1").


In other news, I managed to FINISH a quilt I started several years ago!  I've been working on it for a while (and by 'working on', I mean that I would periodically look at it, cock my head to one side, and think to myself, "I ought to finish that sometime.")  But it's done now!  It looked kindof country-ish to me, so I did basic rows of stitching (uneven), to make blocks.  I was very pleased with it.
  
The top

The back

~ Sarah

No comments: