September 20, 2011

Delicious Turkey Sandwich

Isn't it a wonderful time of year?  There's something so magical about Autumn... lovely colors bursting everywhere you look, scrumptuous foods appearing everywhere you go... and everything is laced with cinnamon, cider, pumpkin, cloves and apples.  Perhaps Autumn is not like this where you live, and I am deeply sorry for you, but only a cynical person can hate Autumn in northeastern PA, I think.

I like to salute Autumn constantly while it's here, so I even look for Autumn-ish recipes to make for dinner, and I thought I would share a recipe I made for dinner last night.  I was inspired on our camping trip (see Iron Chef Camper) by my dear friend's lunch recipe.  Seriously, it was the most amazing sandwich I've ever had.  I can't remember everything that was on it, but I made a noble attempt with what I definitely recall.  She named it something like Thanksgiving on a sandwich.  Perfect for autumn!

What I used:
  1. Rye bread
  2. fresh turkey
  3. sharp provalone cheese
  4. granny smith apples
  5. honey mustard (or delicatessan mustard)
Toast the bread, then spread with your choice of mustard.  I couldn't decide which one I liked better, so I made one of each and Jayson and I split them both.  (If forced to decide, I preferred the honey mustard, but only a tiny bit more... they're both delicious.)


Melt the cheese and heat the turkey in a skillet, then spread on each sandwich.




Add thin apple slices to each sandwich.


Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the finished sandwiches, but they were amazing!  We've added this to our 'must have frequently' recipe rotation.  I highly recommend it!

What Autumn recipes do you enjoy / recommend??

~ Sarah

(Shout out to Amy!! <3)

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am beginning to think you do this just to get my secret recipes out of me! ;) The secret ingredient was the cranberry-orange-carmalized onion marmalade! This looks awesome too!

Sarah said...

Of course I am. And it's working beautifully!! ;)
Thanks for revealing your secret!