October 19, 2011

Garlic Pizza

Happy Autumn (again!)

I made pizza for dinner last night, and it was delicious.  Delicious and, well, a bit... garlic-y.  Perhaps 'a bit' is an understatement.  I'm quite certain that this is a Pampered Chef recipe knock-off, but since I couldn't remember and didn't bother to find the actual recipe, I think I'm in the clear to let you know how I made it.

Ingredients:
  1. Pizza crust (Jayson's very particular about this, so I usually leave the choosing of the crust to him.  Strangely, I didn't bother to look at the wrapping last night and can't tell you what kind I used.)
  2. Olive oil
  3. Garlic (I used fresh minced... but we'll get to that)
  4. 1 can of diced tomatoes
  5. Diced zucchini (to taste)
  6. Sliced mushroom (also to taste)
  7. Shredded mozzarella cheese (in Jayson's case, an entire bag will suffice)
It's not likely that any of you reading this won't know how to put a pizza together, but I'll tell you anyways.  Start by mixing your garlic and your olive oil and spreading on the crust.  (I also used olive oil under the crust, as I was using a PC pizza stone.)  Spread tomatoes, zucchini and mushrooms.  Top with cheese.  Bake for 15 (or so) minutes.

It was delicious.  But... the garlic.  Oh, the garlic.  I never thought there was such a thing as 'too much garlic', and used to scoff at such a notion.  *repents* I have now learned to believe in too much garlic.  Fortunately, it wasn't over the whole pizza, and I enjoyed two slices that were well-balanced.  Poor Jayson experienced the 'too much garlic' on his first piece, however, and by the time I got to my third one, he claimed that he couldn't really tell how the pizza tasted.  He put it this way: "I'm sweating.  Under my eyeballs."

Between the two of us we almost completely finished a gallon of cider last night.  I'm pretty sure that the cider was also delicious, but it tasted peculiar to us.  Like garlic.  I could still taste garlic when I woke up this morning.  And tonight is leftover night.  *shudders*  

Well, anyways, it's an excuse to make the pizza again sometime.  Perhaps we'll forget ingredient number 3.  Perhaps not.   :)

~ Sarah

No comments: