October 10, 2011

Fall Festival 2011

*Contented Sigh*

Happy Autumn!  I know I've managed to sneak that into every post during the past few weeks, but really, Autumn is such a happy time.  I can't help but wish the happiness on others.  :)

This past weekend was the Fall Festival at Elk Mountain Ski Resort.  Unless I'm deathly ill or there's an emergency, I always make it to the Fall Festival.  They have craft booths, bands, family activites, etc, etc, but the main event (for me) is the ride on the ski lift.  We wander in and out of the tents, it's true, but after I'm done with that ride, I'm ready to leave any time.  Usually, I come with an Autumn 'kit', which includes blankets, hot chocolate, warm sweaters and coats, gloves/hats/scarves, and a camera, but summer paid us a late visit this year, and the day was actually hot.  Even at the very top of the mountain, where everyone takes pictures and usually shivers, it was comfortable without a sweater.  The ride down on the lift is especially wonderful as you view the horizon, so I'm always surprised how many people opt to walk down the ski slopes instead.  But to each their own. 




I loved this little girl dashing down the mountain in her long, flowing skirt.


The view from the top of the world...



The view going back down.


Later, Jayson and I stopped for some ice cream to top off the perfect day.

 

Happy Autumn!!  <3

~ Sarah

No comments: