"When you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' then get busy and find out how to do it." ~ Theodore Roosevelt.
This little blog shows you how one person did / does a lot of different things... many of them unrelated to the next. If you have any suggestions or ideas, share, like I did!
February 23, 2012
Hard to believe... I've made it to my 100th post!
I've been thinking long and hard about what to write about on this momentous occasion. As you know, I'm still recovering these days, so unfortunately I don't have any big ideas or tutorials ready to share. I've been saving a post about my wedding quilt, which I made 6 years ago, but I think that's more appropriate for my anniversary. Personal stories have been sneaking into my posts a bit too much lately, anyway (not on purpose, but it just so happens that my personal life is a subject I'm well-versed in.)
So... how to celebrate?
It occurred to me that one of the best ways to celebrate LwYH's 100th post would be to salute the blogs that inspire me. There are many, of course (some I follow more faithfully than others), and some of them you yourself may have visited on occasion. I've decided to put only my top five favorites to save your eyes.
* This delightful little blog is run by the lovely and talented Jordan, originally from San Fransisco and currently living in Paris. Her blog is so fresh and fun - full of party ideas, fashion suggestions, and all-around creativity. I am constantly scouring her blog for new ideas. I also love the occasional photographs of Paris. (This is my personal favorite.)
* I love the ideas that Andrea shares on this blog. I've actually used some in my blog before (her diy cake stands were perfect for my cake decorating party last summer.) She shares many different ideas for home decor, diy projects, thrifty shopping, and party planning (of course!)
* Amy Atlas is the creator of the universally popular "candy bar" that many of us have seen and enjoyed at parties in the past few years. She shares photographs from event planners all over the world, as well as giving helpful party-planning advice periodically. Because there are so many creative people connected to the blog, she often posts several times per day (which means that I often miss some of her posts). But I have definitely been inspired by her blog many times!
* Jessica's beautiful blog was the reason I was inspired to start my own. She is so creative, and constantly drawn to make lovely things lovelier. She has shared so many charming things, including her own party ideas, vintage collections, and shopping adventures, and I have used her tutorials more times than I can count.
* We should all have an Alicia in our life. Alicia and (sometimes) her husband Andy post here, showing us glimpses of their domestic adventure, taking us on walks, sharing moments of their romance and beauty through her wonderful photography. She's the kind of person you wish lived next door to you, though, through her blog, it almost feels like she does. I always feel my day is complete if Alicia has shared a bit of hers.
I'd like to thank the wonderful ladies who faithfully post on these blogs... you are an inspiration to me. If you are reading this, make time to check these out. They really are terrific!