November 29, 2011

A Sudden Obsession with Yarn

I hope all of you had a delightful Thanksgiving!  I certainly did.


We made our regular pilgrimmage to Ohio to visit my immediate and extended family, and everything was exactly the same.  I kept thinking to myself that if the Ghost of Thanksgiving past were to visit me and show me a glimpse of this holiday ten years ago, we would be doing precisely what we did this time - going to the movies, enjoying good food, playing Crummy Rummie {although my sister rocked our world by purchasing brand new decks of cards} and wondering with confusion where five days disappeared to. 

Turtleurkeys made by the
talented and wonderful Anne
We also enjoyed Black (a/k/a Holy) Friday shopping with extended family near Columbus.  It has absolutely nothing to do with the deals (even if we did find one or two)... it has to do with the 'trophies' you receive if you are among the first 100 customers.  And, of course, the adventure of dashing from store to store during the unmentionably early hours.  We are not true BF shoppers; we are merry wanderers of the night.


On a different note, I have also taken up crochet recently (like, two weeks ago).  So far, I have made a crowl, half a scarf, and numerous other things I've done simply for practice.  Thanks to Jayson (who showed me how to do a chain stitch), my mother-in-law (who showed me how to start the second row) and to my dear friend Anne (who opened up a world of different stitches to me), I'm confident that someday I'll be a seasoned crocheter.

How was your holiday?  Do share!

~ Sarah

No comments: