June 12, 2012

Catch Up

Wow, a month with no posting?  What's worse is that I haven't even thought about posting lately, and therefore haven't been taking any pictures of anything I've been doing. 

In my defense, it's been a crazy month.  I had my annual ladies' tea (huge success!), a client wedding, a trip to Columbus for my cousin's wedding, a surprise birthday party for a friend, an awesome camping trip with some besties, Jayson's 30th birthday party (which comes with 4 days of deep-cleaning my house,) an extended visit from my mommy, fire pit dates with friends, and catch-up coffee dates with some girlfriends.  I also cheered a dear friend in her first 5k, bossed my husband with some landscape reorganizing, and discovered a new love of sundresses.

I'm officially 6 months pregnant now, and because of my awful first trimester, I'm still not up to my pre-pregnancy weight.  I am close, but haven't quite arrived there yet.  {And don't worry.  I'm not under some fantasy that it won't catch up to me; I'm sure it will.} 

Did I mention yet that it's a boy?  And he kicks like no child in history has ever kicked (though my mother says that my sister came close.)  Even my doctor was shocked: "Oh!  He's a mover, isn't he?"  He likes his personal space.  If I cramp him at all, he kicks until I stretch out.  If I lay on my side, he kicks the side against the bed until I move.  Jayson was listening for his heartbeat last week, and our son kicked him in the ear.  Hard.  Jayson's been a little afraid to listen for it since.  Can't say I blame him.

If I had been doing what I should've been, I might've taken pictures of some of our Iron Chef Camper recipes (can I just tell you that it was the best year yet??)  But I did not, I'm afraid.  I have no pictures to share from anything over the last month.  I realized with dismay that I haven't photographically docoumented anything lately.  My phone is full of pictures that made me laugh and nothing else.  *sigh*

Anyways, I thought I'd put up a short post to let you know what's been happening, and why I haven't been around.  Truly, I've been very busy.  It's the busiest month I've had in a very long time, and life doesn't show signs of slowing down until next month after my husband's family reunion.  But I did get a new recipe for a Blueberry French Toast casserole, and I'm thinking of squeezing in a girlfriends' breakfast just so I can make it.  If I remember, I'll take pictures and post it here for you.

What has your last month been like??  Do share!

~ Sarah

P.S. As you may know, my favorite blog is Posie Gets Cozy.  If you have a second, check out this story she wrote about her neighbor growing up.  I loved it, but I can't put my finger on why.

No comments: